Léiffrächen

Where? Rue de la Forêt, L-3620 Kayl

The "Léiffrächen" in Kayl is a national place of pilgrimage and memorial

A small chapel in a grotto in which the "Léiffrächen", the patron saint of miners, is laid out; Over time, the place of faith has become an important place of pilgrimage and is inextricably linked with the Luxembourg mining industry and the local mining families.


Practical information

  • Accessible to all

Culture info

  • History

Opening hours

Contact

Address: Visit Minett
Rue de la Forêt
L-3620 Kayl
Show on map

More sites

© Esch2022
Le Fonds Belval - "Massenoire" building
An exhibition space like no other.
Find out more
National Miners Monument
Remembering the miners of Luxembourg.
Find out more
© Pulsa Pictures
Historical steam train "Train 1900"
Fancy a journey back in time ?
Find out more
© Pulsa Pictures
Minett Park Fond-de-Gras
The Minett Park Fond-de-Gras is an open-air museum that includes the Fond-de-Gras, the village of Lasauvage, the former open-cast mine of Giele Botter and the Celtic oppidum of Titelberg.
Find out more
© Pulsa Pictures
Mine train Minièresbunn
A little time travel journey through the galleries of the Fond-de-Gras
Find out more
Architecture in Esch-sur-Alzette
Architecture in Esch-sur-Alzette
Find out more
© Esch2022
Le Fonds Belval - "Möllerei" building
Le Fonds Belval - "Möllerei" building
Find out more
© Claude Piscitelli
free
with theLuxembourgCard
Blast Furnace Belval
Self-guided tour of the blast furnace - a piece of industrial heritage
Find out more
Tour suggestion
Minett Tour
Stages: 5
In the footsteps of a common past
Find out more